After taking a break from OASE (did I ever mention this project before?) to work on some other side projects, I wanted to work on it a bit.
Last time I worked on the engine the MacOS version had some depth rendering issues, so I decided to dive into the issue and fixed it pretty quickly. With the issue sorted out I decided it was time to do a bit of work on the main menu. Playing around with the stencil buffer to implement the dynamic background gave me the following result:
Not only the look of the menu is starting to look like the real deal, thanks to the great documentation on gtamods.com, I was also able to implement loading and saving of the gta_vc.set file and actually use the values stored in the file for the draw distance and language.
That’s it for now, I might post a bit more info about the OASE engine and the progress I’ve been making in the future.
After releasing the source a couple of weeks ago it’s now time to release a compiled rom of version 1.0.0 of Retro Trophies 64!
This initial release contains support for the following games:
- 1080 Snowboarding
- Mario Kart 64
- Super Mario 64
- Super Smash Bros
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I’ve just released the source code of Retro Trophies 64. Head over to the repository to take a peek at the source code and compile the rom.
It’s been a busy month (If you missed it, TOTK has been released) and I haven’t found much time to focus on any of my side projects. I even failed my goal of posting at least one blog post every 2 weeks.
The little bit of time I did have I used to fix some wrongly implemented trophies on 1080 Snowboarding and updated my KEmulation project which now shares the entire UI code between Android, desktop and iOS too.
I’ve been thinking about just releasing the current state of the N64 trophy system and let people try it out and give feedback.
Hey, N64 fans! I have a small update regarding the N64 Trophy app. The app is almost ready for release, and I’m just finishing up a few last tasks before I can share it with you.
One of the exciting updates is that the app can now locate ROMs that are saved in subdirectories. This means that all your games will be detected even the ones burried deep in a subdirectory.
In addition, I’ve given the app’s user interface a fresh new look.
While we’re getting close to release, there are still a few trophies left to implement for Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, and Zelda OOT.
Stay tuned for the release date announcement, and get ready to start unlocking those trophies!